Author: Scola Dondo Date:09/08/2020
Sharing a home can be one of the most rewarding things you could ever do but if you’re a little nervous about moving in with strangers, let’s put you at ease…
1. The first reason is probably the best of them all and that is, you will never get lonely . 2020 has shown us how important it is to have people around you, lets just say being stuck indoors for 3 months with like minded individuals is much better than being stuck inside on
2. You can make amazing friends! Searching for a room also means searching for the right people to live with which is why here on Ministry of Rooms you can see the ‘Prefered Housemate Profile’ so you can find your perfect fit.
3. Living with different people will teach you so much. You will learn so many new things. Imagine how many recipes you could discover or if you’ve been meaning to start a new exercise regime you could find a new gym buddy in one of your new housemates.
4. You can have some YOU time. When you think of house sharing, space and personal time may not be the first thing that pops into your head. But if you’re moving away from your family home for the first time, you’ll be surprised how nice it is to have your own space and choose when you want to spend time alone without your younger sibling barging into your room or your parents shouting up whilst you’re trying to nap.
5. Someone is always there to help. Let’s face it, adulting is hard and little challenges pop up all the time so it’s nice someone’s there to help if you need it. Whether it’s asking your housemate to capture the spider dangling from the ceiling because you’re scared (we’ve all been there!) or helping you figure out how to sort out the bills. Someone’s got your back. So what are you waiting for?! It’s time to find your perfect room!